Monday, May 24, 2010

Final Blog/ Chapter 8

I think Nancy Burson means that by allowing individuals to morph themselves into other ethnicities, we are able to be more like one another. By using the Human Race Machine, people can “walk in another person’s shoes” to see how their life is according to a different ethnicity. We are all aware of how certain people treat others due to their ethnicity. I think the Human Race Machine is a really cool idea; I wouldn’t mind doing it myself to see how I would look as other ethnicities!
I also think that race can be social and genetic. We are born with an inevitable ethnicity; therefore that aspect of race is genetic. But, race is social as well. People treat others in different ways depending on what race they are. It is sad to say, but I don’t think even the Human Race Machine can make racial problems go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment