Thursday, April 15, 2010

Artist Quote Blog

I think Scott Adams meant that doing new and different things always allows room for interpretation and mistakes; art is deciding what pieces are worth being considered art while other pieces are stepping stones to making what is called art. I agree and disagree with Adams’ quote. I believe that it is necessary to decide what creative measures are art and which ones are not, but I also believe that anything creative can be art. As we have been discussing, art is open for interpretation. This quote reminded me of when I used to play volleyball. Practice was the time to be creative and allow for mistakes, while matches were the time to realize what to do and what not to do. I think sometimes this can be seen as playing it safe. Why not be able to be creative all the time? Making mistakes is a part of life, but it shouldn’t stop you from doing what you want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment